Since 2016, Dr. Sherk of A Child and Family Psychiatry has been helping children and families manage mental health. It is our practice's aim to cultivate a caring and warm rapport with all family members. While being highly attentive to all patients, we strive to provide each person who comes our way with as much empathy as possible. Our experience lies in treating individuals with mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and autism spectrum disorders. As psychiatrists, we can and do prescribe medications. Call us today if you believe you'd benefit from our treatment.
Strengthening Families, Restoring Hope
A Child and Family Psychiatry prides itself on being empathetic, attentive, warm, and caring. Providing psychiatric treatment for children and adults, we provide the most personalized care in Columbus. We offer a mix of therapeutic methods, including art therapy, play therapy, cognitive remediation therapy, coping skills, group therapy, and medication management. We strive to help you feel better about your thoughts, stress, and abilities to cope with challenging situations.
Our Services Feature
- Medication Management: Depending on the individual we are treating, we might opt to pair therapy with medication. Dr. Sherk has experience with a wide range of psychiatric medications. Call us to learn more.
- Individual Counseling: We meet with individual patients regularly and establish a healthy doctor-patient rapport. We work on coping skills and ways of better managing mental health.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy helps individuals find support, find their inner voices, and relate to others. We provide group therapy to help patients with similar mental health issues to cope together.
- Family Therapy: Family therapy aims to help family members improve communication and handle special family issues. Successful family therapy can help members function better in their at-home environment.
- Art Therapy: Dr. Sherk believes that mindfulness and therapy are a good match for individuals who deal with anxiety, depression, and stress. Art therapy comes with creative exercises made for problem-solving and helping one become mentally stronger.
- Play Therapy: Play is a child's natural language. Play therapy is beneficial to children who've experienced trauma or are trying to build upon essential social skills.
- Speech and Language Therapy: Working to help children communicate effectively by assisting with the improvement of their verbal and non-verbal language skills. This is done by specifically targeting individual needs with expressive/receptive language skills, articulation, and/or fluency that may be delayed. An individual therapy plan is created to improve these skills during a fun and productive session.
We offer a sliding scale payment for patients who do not have insurance. Please call to learn more.
To receive the utmost psychiatric care, please call (614) 407-6513 or leave us a message at our form down below. Our practice is at 750 Cross Pointe Rd, Ste D Suite D in Gahanna, OH.