Since 2016, Dr. Sherk of A Child and Family Psychiatry has been helping children and families manage mental health. It is our practice's aim to cultivate a caring and warm rapport with all family members. While being highly attentive to all patients, we strive to provide each person who comes our way with as much empathy as possible. Our experience lies in treating individuals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Mood disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and autism spectrum disorders. Email or Call us today if you believe you'd benefit from our treatment.
Strengthening Families, Restoring Hope
We Offer Treatment Services From 6 Years And Above That Include:
Depending on the issues at hand, treatment may either include individual or group therapy, solely treatment through medication, or psychotherapy together with medication.
- We offer management of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder that includes a comprehensive diagnostic assessment, review of the results of the assessment, and broad-spectrum treatment including medication management of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
-Management of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Bipolar disorder that includes therapy and medication management.
-Cognitive remediation therapy that targets attention and thinking skills.
-Group and individual therapy for adolescents that include coping skills, mindfulness, and transition to college.
-Treatment of the Autism Spectrum includes assessment, executive functioning, and medication management.
-Executive functioning training
-We have experience working with a full range of psychiatric medications, including those for ADHD, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and mood disorders.
Our Services Feature
- ADHD Testing: We offer a comprehensive screening, diagnostic and treatment process in ADHD. The screening and diagnostic process involve multiple evidence-based clinical and neurocognitive assessments performed in our clinic. At the completion of the assessment, you will be scheduled for a follow-up appointment to review your child's comprehensive evaluation report that includes individualized treatment recommendations, receive a diagnosis, discuss results, and address concerns.
- Psychological testing: Offers different types of assessments that include comprehensive ADHD testing, IEP assessment, a diagnostic psychological assessment that includes achievement evaluation (reading, mathematics, written language), Executive Function Assessment (organization, self-regulation, planning, emotional control), Structured psychological assessment and clinical interview.
- Individual Counseling: We meet with individual patients regularly and establish a healthy doctor-patient rapport. We work on coping skills and ways of better managing mental health.
- Autism Evaluations: Symptoms of autism spectrum disorder often present in early childhood and affect all aspects of daily life. As a spectrum disorder, symptoms and levels of disability vary between individuals. We offer a comprehensive diagnostic process that includes a screening questionnaire, social/play-based assessment, speech/language evaluation, IQ testing, and final consultation.
Schedule Your ADHD Evaluation Today!
We offer a sliding scale payment for patients who do not have insurance. Please call to learn more.